“I could end the deficit in 5 minutes,” he told CNBC. “You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election. The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971…before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc. Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land…all because of public pressure.
Let’s adjust this for Canada as well…Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise. In three days, most people in Canada will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
Parliamentary Reform Act
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Member of Parliament collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Members of Parliament (past, present & future) participate in the Canadian Pension Plan. All funds in the Parliamentary retirement fund move to the CPP system immediately. All future funds flow into the CPP system, and Parliament participates with the Canadian people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Members of Parliament can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Canadians do.
4. Members of Parliament will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Parliamentary pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Members of Parliament must equally abide by all laws they impose on the Canadian people.
6. All contracts with past and present Members of Parliament are void effective immediately. The Canadian people did not make this contract with Members of Parliament. Members of Parliament made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Parliament is an honour, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their terms, then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the Canada) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX PARLIAMENT!!!!!
If you agree with the above, pass it on.
Leave a Reply